Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The (Spoil)sports ahead of me...


In the past 1 year, since I started blogging, I have mentioned a horde of times that I am an avid sport fan. Sports, they have been a great spoil – sport, when it comes to my studies. Be it tennis, football, formula one and of course, cricket – they all end up coinciding exactly with the exams. I guess, I’m destined that way. Take the 10th exams for example; it co-occurred with the World Cup of 2003. Then on, it’s no turning back...

This season (semester, technically) it’s come back with a vengeance. When I had my minds set to make up lost ground in the last semester, Indian Prick called Lalith Modi (IPL) announced the launch of IPL2 in SA. Seeing the first match, all my calculations and plans for studying were annihilated. Even when RCB kept losing, Dravid kept playing – as he always does – brilliantly. Now, being led by Kumble, they are back at what I love them seeing doing – winning. Tout ensemble, I am the only one losing here. Come June 5, there’s the T20 world championship. June also has the French Open and Wimbledon in store. And tennis has been quite handy for me in blogging too; it has contributed 2 of my posts. There will be the Formula One as it always does. Things are pretty gloomy as they look right now. But hope the months fly by and leave me in July – my month of bliss where I get to do absolutely nothing.

Talking about IPL, I have to write about the Vodafone ads. Now, when I’m writing, I’m wondering whether I had ever watched TV waiting for the advertisements to come – and I’m pretty sure the answer is negative. The ads are so damn funny. Kudos to the creativity of the ad-makers, they manage to bring out a new ad each day. Whether the match entertains or not, this sure does. Enjoy the matches – or else, I’ll be here with the reviews, to bore you!

1 comment:

Pacchu gaadu....... said...

hi...

the vodafone ads.... man they are the best....

Not for only this time,but they always have given a creative touch to their publicity, rather than just for a commercial and profit purpose.

Hey by the way, I need those videos da.... Please do bring your player or put them in some pendrive and give me....