Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A jigsaw that puzzled


Of all the earthly pleasures, great sports and games to play, awesome novels to read, wonderful programs to watch on TV, a phenomenal device like the computer to sit in front... think of everything that you may feel that could keep you busy in your free time. Of course, sports and games are no fun playing alone; novels don’t always end up entertaining you, only thing that comes in TV is crap and computer, if not you are a blogger like me, is pretty dumb when you have to pass time. With all these equally probable probabilities in which I may end up wasting my precious “free” time, I chose a jigsaw puzzle. OK, I won’t stop you if you feel like laughing your hearts out...

Somewhere in a godforsaken corner of my closet, sat this box - which contained 500 pieces (Yeah, that’s right, 500 pieces!). So, when one of my younger cousins came home and kept tailing me to play with her, I had to ask refuge with this puzzle. It was around 3.30 in the afternoon when she finally gave up after trying for 10 minutes (!) To avoid getting bugged, I decided to try my hand in this. What began at 3.30PM went on till 7.15PM. And my accomplishment, you ask? Have a look at the photo attached...(The right picture being the reference)

I guess you’ve watched the Airtel ad for broadband, where they say “Impatience is the new life”. Here I am, a BSNL internet user, with a contradictory statement. Had I put the same time instead of writing this blog, I would have completed the jigsaw. At the end, I have achieved neither completing the puzzle nor writing anything worth reading. But the silver lining – my patience prevailed (Hope yours did too, in reading this!)

1 comment:

Pacchu gaadu....... said...

hey... im here again...

Of all the posts that I have read on your blog, this post was the most interesting one.I thank your cousin for directly or indirecly making you to write this article.

I was smiling at myself while I was going through each line of this post,as I oftenly used to do the same stuff with my younger cousin.

We were attending a function and as it was boring and we could not find anything to kill time...,I asked her to solve a puzzle,which I was asked to solve by my dad when I was in 5th std!! The funny thing is I just remembered the question but not the answer anymore,'coz I had hardly tried to solve it then.So I was scared of getting myself screwed, if she says "I donno.., U solve it.."!! I dont know whether she really knew the solution, or just by instinct, she solved it... for my goodness!!
I felt relaxed and said to myself "Bach gayaa....".Yet, I kept her on my side by saying that I had solved it within 2 mins and U took 10 mins....!!

From then I never ever asked her to solve any puzzle as such nor gave her the chance to ask.....!!