Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day: A follow up

First things first, I would like to thank both Vanitha and “The Ekaangi” for their time to pen down their opinions on the post “The Valentine’s Day special…”

With all the chaos reigning around the Valentine’s Day, this year saw a pretty muffed celebrations. Thanks to the scare, you can say. But this is how it should always be. You don’t want your private life to be put up for exhibition. The pro-Valentine’s day group of people appeared especially ridiculous when they came out saying they want their freedom in their private lives. When they are saying they want to celebrate the Valentine’s Day publically, how come they are still talking about “Private lives”? With the pretty dampened celebrations, did it do any harm to “Love” at all? Was it dead because there were no celebrations? Didn’t the lovers prior the V Day remain lovers after it even after not celebrating? There is no point in arguing and defending something so trivial, right? Anyways, Feb 14th was here, and is gone now. The only difference it did make for me was, it helped me write 2 most stupid posts for my blog. Oh thanks St. Valentine…

By the bye, this 14th, I did have a date. That was with the fighter jets. That was my date, the Aero India Show ’09. What an awesome place to be. I have fallen in love with Su-30, F16, F18 and the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft, Tejas. Too many to fall in love, don’t you think? Well, I couldn’t help it…

2 comments:

The 'Ekaangi' said...

Actually u know what? I understand what U talk about Val's Day ... i agree ... to me, it makes no sense. But the fact still remains that you cannot impose your way of seeing things on others. What happened ultimately? There was a 'pub bharo' campaign ... which made more people go into a pub than normal; others were bent on going around hand-in-hand with a girl to show that they don't care what Ram Sene thinks. You do something by force ... the exact opposite is what happens. Public display of affection is against the law ... now that's something we shouldn't allow or tolerate. But whether we can allow the celebration of Valentine's ... that's something up to an individual's choice. Does Valentine's make sense? No! Should we ban it? We can't decide for others. That's my opinion

Bharath said...

What I actually said was how it should have been. It was entirely my personal point of view. I agree with you when you say we cant curb or limit Val's day. It is up to people and it definitely is their option.