Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Valentine's Day special... Sri Rama Sene!


Heard the word Sri Rama a lot these days right? Thanks to Sri Rama Sena, I get to say “Sri Ram” a lot many times in a day. A day doesn’t go by without a discussion on the self appointed moral police and so called protectors of culture. Be it the TV, be it in the class or any group for that matter, there has to be a reference to them once in a while. So, what am I doing when all are speaking the same? Well, I am writing about the same. After all, what I write here can happen to be either crap or what everyone knows!
Don’t worry if you are going to continue – I won’t trouble you with all the details. The pub attack; I strongly decry. While the intention may have been good, the implementation was way too terrible. While that wasn’t enough, now it’s the controversy surrounding the Valentine’s Day. But this time round, I am with the Sri Rama Sene’s ideology. Why has there to be a day for something that’s so common? Love is an emotion, express it every day. Why do we need some day of the year to say that you love? When you say World Environment Day, it has a meaning, especially nowadays when everyone is so indefferent. But for emotions, I don’t see the need.
Coming back to the Ram Sene, their course of action is what kept me interested in the matter. They claim to wed the couples on Valentine’s Day. This is just a fabulous idea. This is, a matter of fact, very our own culture. Well, what culture says date someone, love somebody else and wed another? Once again, I find myself supporting the Ram Sene. So, kudos to them. Hope they execute this at least in a proper fashion. Good luck to lovers who don’t want to marry…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello man???i don't agree to ur idea..nor the Ramasene ppl...Why can't they let people the they want to live..Every individual has right to express themselves the way they want..Y r they bothered??Though I Don't have a valentine...I not supoorting this irritating idea...

The 'Ekaangi' said...

I agree with you that the intentions of the Ram Sene are right ... its just that, their ways are never acceptable! In these days ... the so-called Gen X has taken their freedom of 'expression' to a new unacceptable level. But you think you can hold it down by force? By violence? It will never work ... on the contrary, you now have more number of people who want to display public forms of affection to project their acts of protest against the Ram Sene ... so did it really make sense? It all comes down to a matter of personal choice ... Valentine's Day makes no sense to me ... but its a personal choice of celebration to some people ... a mode of good business to others. Given the kind of power these people of Ram Sene and VHP and RSS have ... they need to focus on more 'real' issues. That's my take!