Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Under Construction


Been travelling around Bangalore a lot lately. Don’t ask why, festivals bring not only the delicacies and the mouth watering menus with them, sadly! Sankranthi is one festival I both love and dread at the same time. Love of course for all those specials I get to feast upon. Moreover, I love to assist my mom in making “sakre achchu”. Partly I dread this festival as I have to take up some girly things like the distribution of “ellu bella”. Well, I don’t do that in fact. I just drive around with my mom and she does most of the distribution work. This is not entirely boring as I get to visit a fair lot of houses, which I love doing.

Back to what I was intending to say; travelling around Bangalore. It was not an entirely heartening feeling, considering all the “under-construction” boards. Displays like “Go, slow work under progress” (err… sorry for the mis-placed comma. But it sounds correct) were so prominent, it made driving a very tiring experience. There are fly-overs, underpasses, elevated roads and what not. Oh yeah, namma metro… With these entire projects under way all at the same time, where are we supposed to travel? The detours and the diversions are not good enough to handle the amount of traffic. Well, travelling in Bangalore was an awful experience.

But what’s the point in me writing about this? There is none. All I did was to travel for a couple of days and that’s it. I walk to college. And there’s nowhere I go other than that (if at all I even go to college). So, this entire post is waste, as all other posts are. But thanks anyway for your time.

With all the trash I’ve written about roads being dug up, I am compelled to write about the “good” roads too. Come sometime to where I am, you’ll get to see roads freshly tarred and de-marked. Not only roads near my house, I found a lot of them being re-laid, fresh. There are new medians on prime roads as well. So, for all those who were complaining about the city’s infrastructure, be prepared for a turnaround…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bharath..I guess u r going to become one more 'Aravinda Adiga'..After going throug this blog I feel u r going to get one more "Booker" for India..It may take some time that's it..

Good that u r writing blogs covering many domains..not only sticking to movies..

Great going..Keep it up.