Saturday, January 10, 2009

What kept me busy: Part 2, Movies


Come vacations, the one thing I’m very good at is watching movies. This vacation is no different than the others. I had a few movies lined up to watch. Here are some of them I watched and how I felt:

The Dark Knight: Probably the 4th or the 5th time. And guess what, I have plans to see it again. This can never bore me. Be it for the story, or for the sheer dimension of the movie, or for the Joker. The most sinister movie I’ve ever seen till date.

Rating: 5 on 5


Die Hard: Pretty old. It’s one of those movies just for the main lead. This is for Bruce Wills, the hero. Fairly simple plot. Hero and heroine are facing a trouble in their relationship. Hero is a cop; heroine is employed in a higher post in a good company. The company is held under siege when our hero is within the building. Then on, the movie is about how the hero saves the day for the rest of the trapped. Good movie though

Rating: 4 on 5


Collateral: Another good movie I caught up with. Story is centered on Jamie Foxx, the dutiful and ambitious cab driver and Tom Cruise, a deadly assassin. Cruise steps into Foxx’s cab and hunts his targets. Good acting and a bit different storyline makes the movie a good time pass.

Rating: 4 on 5


Transporter 3: One of the rare movies I can go on saying was bad. Watching it in theatre didn’t help. The stunts were given no importance. The heroine looked worse than ugly. The saving grace was Jason Statham. Well, how often do you get to hear that, I kept looking at the hero instead of the heroine (Stop your thoughts there)

Rating: 1.5 on 5


The Departed: This is the 2nd time I tried. The first time, I was bored and had stopped in just the early 15 minutes. This time, though, I found the complete reversal of my feelings. It was a great movie, exciting story and a superb star cast. One piece of advice, try to differentiate between Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Wahlberg. All of the three seemed alike to me initially.

Rating: 4.5 on 5


Donnie Darko: I have to admit, this falls into the category of The Matrix and Memento. These movies have made me to think and do some ‘after watching research’. The story is so complex, so very different and so tough to get to know about the characters that you spend a lot more time after the movie wondering. I can’t write any more, because I don’t know. But I ask you guys to help me with this movie. Well, it’s about time travel, for you to get started…

Rating: !@#$% on 5 (How much do you rate a movie you don’t understand?)

No comments: